Friday 18 June 2010

And so it begins...

Well we flew anyway yesterday, but the weather wasn't great. We gridded up under 8/8 cover and took a launch at midday expecting 30 minutes or so local soaring to check out the kit. In the event the skies dried up, there were cumulus to 7300' amsl and the ridges just about worked in the 10kt Southerly. The Booker Duo is out here with Shack and Anne Roberts flying it with Mike Collett. The Duo plus Ben Crook in his ASW had a couple of OK flights working the ridge at Aspres and the hills to the East. My apologies to readers for the poor photo today - this one's from the camera phone. I had a few technical difficulties with the new camera so that when I thought I was taking a photo I was actually turning the unit off. I did say it was a shakedown day!


Dane and I worked our way over to the East of La Motte and Sisteron and landed back around 5/6 pm. That left plenty of time to derig and get to the Hotel du Nord in time to watch Mexico beat France at the footy. Oh dear.
This morning, Friday has dawned very differently. Blue skies, cu's already popping, glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment