Friday 1 July 2011

A cautionary tale





Rule number one is don't hit the hill.



The pictures here are very instructive - thanks to John Herman for permission to share them. John's tale is roughly as follows...



"I was soaring Les Monges with one other glider. On the third beat I moved out from the hill to make way for the oncoming other machine. As I did there appeared a hole in the air and the glider simply dropped with no response to controls, even though I pushed forward and applied full aileron away from the hill."





That really is John standing on the hill just above the glider straight after the impact. Thank the Lord he's alright. Let's be careful out there.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto "Thank the Lord", its like his fishing tales of the one that got away- I never did believe them until I saw a fish of his get away and now this! See you soon John.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete