Sunday 26 March 2017

SGP USA Day 1

What a hoot!
Fill it to the brim and dump 70 seconds to get 1096lbs all up weight

We launched at 1250 into a 4800' cloudbase and 5 kt therms. Start opened at 1340 and all 13 of us charged off together to the South on a short first leg, then West 30 kms to Green Swamp and North 100kms to Woods and Lakes. All the TP's do what they say on the tin.

A good soaring sky

We had a gaggle of 6-7 running round together - all very respectful thermaling with some rather good pilots. These guys fly very well. I got slightly behind the game on the penultimate turn and lost 3 minutes on the leader, Tom Kelly, who came in at 125kph for the 336 kms task. BUT - the goddamn Clearnav got me: the start line I thought I'd entered as 5kms length was actually 5 kms radius, so I missed the line by 76 metres and got a 5 minute penalty. The blasted thing even labels the start line as "length/radius" in the edit page - so that's clear then. I'll probably have the hang of it by the end of the week, and no doubt going from LX to Clearnav is hard for a Clearnav diehard.

No matter - it only cost me one place.

See me. Must try harder.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment