Wednesday 29 March 2017

SGP USA Day 4

Oh pooh.
Contest Director John Godfrey: doing a superb job

Today was great weather - 7000' cloudbase, strong therms, but I was very tired after a few nights poor sleep and I have form flying when tired. So, I throttled it all right back and was very, very careful and desperately slow. There is no way I'm taking risks with someone else's glider

Victor Whisky back safe and sound

 We're sleeping in a room at SLGP clubhouse and sadly there are some extremely inconsiderate Japanese students here who stay up past midnight and keep waking us up. Despite several trys they can't be persuaded to leave at a reasonable hour and short of resorting to violence I've run out of ideas, so tonight and tomorrow night we're decamping to an offsite hotel to get some proper sleep.

On the plus side, I've got to grips with all the instrumentation and had a penalty free day ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment